Wednesday, November 9, 2011

ER Party

Family calls police and fire rescue out to their house because they can't get their son to get off the lawn and stop doing ninja moves. Naturally, upon finding him, they bring him to us, with his brother and his friend following close behind. They get there and are obviously toasted as well. I just love it when I get an intoxicated patient and the friends who were with him at the scene show up in sunglasses at 3 am. Yeah, okay.
So, we finally give the guy enough Ativan to get him to stay on the bed and to sit through an entire head CT without trying to grab his junk (it took about 3 attempts). We finally finish up, and wheel him back to his room. I'm talking to his primary nurses as we're hooking him up to the monitor and she mentions that his brother must have gone home. Just as she's saying this, I turn around to see the patient's brother and friend in the empty room right across the hall. The patients brother is dancing to one of the music channels on the TV, doing what appears to be the robot with the call light in his hand. His friend is sitting in a chair right in front of him, staring at the wall without blinking. Family of winners, these guys.

3 comments:

  1. Ain't not party like an ER party 'cause an ER party don't stop!

    But yeah... sounds like a great family, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't do your job, I have no filter between my brain and my mouth :)

    ReplyDelete