Sunday, July 22, 2012

GROSS

While discharging a young man for his 4th visit for STD symptoms:
Hood Nurse: "Okay, so it looks like you've been here for the same thing a couple of times in the last couple of months.  It's important to make sure your partner is getting treated so you don't keep re-infecting one another, and you probably need to make an appointment with a regular doctor to get actual STD testing done to make sure that you're not dealing with a drug resistant strain, got it?"
Patient:"Yeah."
Hood Nurse: "Alright then, well, here's the prescription for your antibiotics.  I just need you to sign right here and then you're through, but do you have any questions before I let you go?"
Patient: "Yeah, are you single?"

Um. No.

8 comments:

  1. Eew! You don't get paid nearly enough for dealing with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, sounds delicious. The fun of fending off STDs should keep the relationship interesting.

    Seriously, ew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I am dying at this! What is wrong with people? Hi Hood nurse! I'm a new reader and I'm loving your blog so much I keep reading all of your old posts. I'm an ED nurse in the hood so I appreciate your work stories and point of view. I swear I could have written a lot of them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah. I have had this happen to me too! It's like... what part of your recurrent penile discharge is supposed to be hot?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Now thats just sad and plain rude. I'd say I hope he was joking, but seeing as how he's been there several times I highly doubt it. You definitely deserve a raise.

    ReplyDelete