Friday, June 12, 2009

The exact moment I realized my attempts at discharge education were pointless:

I worked in out fast track unit on Tuesday, which turned out to be STD party '09 that particular night. I go to send home a 20 year old girl who had come in with funky vag discharge, and as I'm standing there giving her instructions about her antibiotics, she looks at me with this blank stare, turns to the friend who's with her, and says, "Girl, can you believe I got chlamydia again?"
I was totally speechless. What can you say to that? Yeah, okay. Make sure you finish these antibiotics, and wrap it up next time, even though I know you won't. Sweet. See you later! Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Not to sound like a child but ewwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's not much else to say, really. My inner thoughts were just OMG ARE YOU NOT AFRAID OF AIDS WHY. There are so, so many things wrong about some of these patients.

    ReplyDelete